Friday, January 7, 2011

Welcome to my world

I'm a procrastinator. And I'm always late. That's how the name of my blog, Two Steps Behind, came to be. See I always feel as though I take one step ahead, only to find myself two steps behind. Like this moment right now. I have intended to begin blogging for over a year now. So why am I embarking on this journey at 2am? Because that's how I work. I just celebrated my 38th birthday. It gave me time to reflect upon where I'm at and where I'm headed and where I should REALLY be. There are many aspects of my life that need tweaking to put it gently. I am a dreamer and a thinker, but not so much of a 'do-er'. And that needs to change. Therefore, beginning my blog at 2am is a necessary action. See... I'm becoming a 'do-er'. I also procrastinate, worry too much, complain too much, raise my voice too much, swear way too much, and I am perpetually LATE. Not just late to school, late to meetings, late to a lunch date, but ALWAYS late. I was born late - two days, in fact. I blame my entire life of lateness on simply entering the world two days past my due date. So this year, my 39th year of life, I declare to make changes for the better. Don't get me wrong, I love my life. I'm just not so sure it's as perfect as I'd like. Oh, and I failed to mention that I'm a major perfectionist which clearly explains why I dream instead of do. If I know I can't do it perfectly, then why bother. That's an attitude that definitely needs attention. I'm learning that nothing in life is perfect and so much passes us by when we let it overtake us. So... here is the beginning of my journey to finding inner peace, adjusting my imbalances and blogging about my life and adventures. I am a wife and mom to three amazing children and I find I have a million observations about all that I experience and explore everyday. I hope to share it in writing. Here goes...

7 comments:

  1. Looking forward to following your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogging world!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow..... We are sooooo alike.
    Keeping writing sister!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HELLOOOOOO? What the hell? How come I find this out by FB :) I So love that you are blogging and coming into the world here!!! YAHOOOOO. I couldn't be happier and I so wish we could sit down and share a bottle of wine together (see i didn't just say glass:) I can't wait to hear more!! I wished I would of called you last night since you were UP! Call me..

    love to you and ya! so love love love that you are here!!

    xoxxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well this looks like a "step" in the right direction! Can't wait for the next installment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't this just another way to procrastinate?! Very nice Missy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Missy, so many people can identify with you (especially in your extended family) keep writing, it's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete